Saturday, August 25, 2007

filth and dereliction

here is a haiku:

listen up here cat
i will be forced to shave you
please stop shedding now


the other day the disgustingness that i had let my apartment become was overwhelming me to the point that i had to do something. but first i decided to take some pictures because that was fun. i told myself that maybe by having the pictures to look at i would become motivated to actually clean. but then i took a nap because the idea of cleaning is very exhausting.


today i finally did it. it took everything i had, and i even did 300 loads of laundry. it was a productive day. i assure you tho, my sink is full AGAIN. it happened like 5 minutes after i did the dishes. i swear i just had a cup of coffee and the next thing i know, there was a monstrosity in my sink.


HIP HIP HOORAY for the pez dispenser collection, FINALLY back on display! if you count you will notice that there is the EXACT SAME NUMBER of pez guys on each shelf. also note: there can not be 2 of the same color standing next to each other anywhere. shit, at least i didn't group them into categories- I'M NOT THAT OBSESSIVE!

i am irritated that there is so much blank space in my stupid layout here.
<---------------- see? it makes my paragraphs take up a lot of space and this bothers me.

i do not know how to change this. i imagine it has to do with not having one of those custom blogger layouts but i do not know how to do fancy computer stuff. please point me in the right direction if you know how to do this.

3 comments:

Blaire said...

sometimes i resort to using plastic spoons because all my silverware is dirty.
doing dishes is basically worse than anything else, ever. i always say i'm going to wash each dish as i use it, but yeah... we know how that goes don't we?

ps. thanks for calling me a crazy cat lady, you have now crushed my self esteem for the day.

Anonymous said...

Murl!
Wow that is a nice pez collection there. How often do you have to dust them?

murl said...

charmed- i have been destined to become a crazy cat lady from early on. my statement was made out of empathy..

jim! i guess we will soon find out. my preferred method of dusting is by blowing on stuff. it gets the dust off for a few minutes until it inevitably settles back down.