Wednesday, February 14, 2007

naked ballerina

can i just tell you about the crazy dream i had last night??? i am not making this up. why do i always feel the need to clarify that? i guess because i used to be a liar.

so i dreamt that i was shopping for ballet shoes. this took up a large chunk of dream time, i do not know why. i was drying to decide, pink or black? and they were like $70 and i couldn't find a pair i could try on because they were all in these sealed packages.

THEN fast forward to me at my parents house agonizing about the fact that the ballet performance that i am in (oh, not to mention that i am the LEAD BALLERINA, if there is such a thing) is coming on tv soon and i can't let my parents see it because i am naked in it. yes. and i am flipping thru the channels and it is on every single channel, it is that important. and my parents are telling me, "oh we are going to watch the ballet performance!" and they don't know i am in it (or that all of a sudden i am an accomplished ballerina). and it is at this moment that i have to explain to them that I AM A BALLERINA NOW and not only that, but I AM THE LEAD BALLERINA in this performance and oh, also, i would prefer that they didn't watch it because I AM NAKED during the performance.

seriously. this is the dream i had last night. and i know it all somehow stemmed from yesterday when i was working with the mobile vet that i work for once a week and we were at this retirement home drawing blood from this old lady's cats and she had a NEW YORK BALLET poster on her wall and i was looking at it and it reminded me of my little best friend i had growing up who was a ballerina. she had a similar poster in her room when we were little. we both took ballet lessons when we were like 5 or 6 and she actually stuck with it and almost went pro at one point. she was the one who stuck with school and always did really well and had extra-curricular activities while i was discovering the fantastic world of drugs. she went off to NYU and now lives in ROME and has always made the right decisions.wow that was a tangent, huh? anyway, i know that ballet poster inspired my dream is what i was saying.

p.s. KALI you were in it too NO JOKE- you were also a ballerina, just not the lead, sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um were you and Kali both naked? Because I think I had that dream too.